Save money and Save the environment
here are some ideas
- Even though you have heard this before.. But SWITCH OFF lights when you are not using them!
- Consider changing your current light bulbs if you haven’t done already to more efficient Energy savers and LED this can save you up to 80% of your light usage
- Water heating through a Geyser is an extremely expensive method- consider alternatives such as Gas heating or Solar collectors
- If you are building a house choose materials that will help with Insulation- that way reduce your heating an cooling needs
- Choose Energy efficient appliances and switch them off when not in use, this also means unplugging items that draw a small amount of power when in stand-by mode... what a waste!
- Education is the key to getting your whole Family on board with energy saving- use an Energy meter such as an Efergy- walk through your house switching appliances and lights on and off- this way you can get an actual appreciation for the amount of electricity that your appliances etc use!
Here are some helpful FREE downloadable print outs
Useful for the home and office